Monday, April 13, 2015

RYOBB

Hi!
Just so y'all know, Paul got this recipe first. And then I decided I felt so strongly about it, that I'd post it.
So here we go.

RYOBB
(Refry Your Own Black Beans)

Ingredients:
1 can of black beans (or, if you want to go crazy and make them yourself, go ahead. Whatever makes you happy, man.)
A bit of water (added moisture plus it cleans out the black beany stuff left in the can when you pour them out, man.)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Whatever other kind of spice you fancy. I used paprika Saturday on a whim. I love paprika. And whims.

Pour the can of black beans into a pan. Whatever kind of pan you desire will do, just so long as it has sides on it. Understand? Make sure you include all the juices from the can, which normally you would rinse off if you were using this magical treat as anything other than refried beans, man.
Season your beans. It doesn't take much.
Let the beans heat up. When they're ready to become "refried" they will be sort of soft. It's also a good idea to go ahead and taste them for seasoning  at this point before you mash them.
Use a potato/avocado masher to create the smooth texture. It shouldn't take too long if you have a metal masher - those mean business.


Trust me on this...once you go homemade refried, you never go back. I don't know if y'all have ever purchased refried beans, but don't. Don't do it. It is so easy and to me it tastes way better at home.
I use these on tacos or just as a side item. So good. SO GOOD. 

Add some cheese in there too while it's still hot to get all melty and yummy in the beans. 

Did I mention this is so good? It is. It is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment