Sunday, October 14, 2012

Intro

My name is Anna.
I love food.
I love food, but I love cooking it also.
I love cooking it so much, that sometimes I think about starting a food blog.
So that's what I've done here.
My main fear of starting a food blog was not knowing what to put in my food blog.
However, I cooked two things just today that are food blog worthy.
At least to me.

Ahem.

I may load pictures (okay, I WILL load pictures), but they are shot on my phone. I have no fancy equipment.

I am a single mother.
I cook for myself and my toddler.
That is why I am called one and a half servings.
Do you get it?
Okay.

Things you should know about me:
1)I believe in quality ingredients. Don't put bacon in a dish if it's not really, really good bacon. It will ruin everything and you will feel terrible about yourself. Really. No good can come of it.
2)Season everything. Season the onions that are the base of your dish. Season your pasta water. Season everything, except for bacon. Bacon IS a seasoning, in my eyes, but also a beautiful and quality ingredient, when you use the right bacon. See number 1.
3)Pay attention to detail. If you overcook your garlic, and that garlic is only step two in the recipe, it will carry through everything. I'm not kidding.
4)Use real ingredients whenever you can. I do believe in shortcuts, but margarine instead of butter is unforgivable. This goes for sugar. Have you heard what splenda does once you consume it? Google it, then get back to me. If you must skip the regular sugar, truvia is a lovely alternative.
5)I am on a budget. I don't buy over the top fancy ingredients, so this blog is also sort of an adventure for me, as I'll be seeing what I can cook out of what I can afford to purchase.

And that's me.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment