Monday, October 29, 2012

Accidently Awesome Skillet Rice Krispie Treats

Wow.

These little delights just entered into my life literally by accident.

And it just happened.
My kitchen still smells of them.

This includes a back story that you'll have to sit through, unfortunately.
Hope you're cozy.

I have an big ol' pot. Two of 'em. One of them though, is older than the other and the Teflon is peeling off the bottom and I finally decided enough is enough and tossed it.
So here there I was, with an itch for RKT's.
I love them. Can't get enough of them.
But I had just tossed one of the big ol' pots, and the other is in the fridge, housing potato soup.
What's a girl to do?

Sadie.
Sadie the Skillet.
She never lets me down.
She is a big girl. She can accommodate the means of an awesome batch of RKT's.
So I went for it.
Grabbed a spoon full of butter and a bag of marshmallows and thus began my amazing accident.

You all know the recipe:

2 tbsp butter
1 bag of large marshmallows
6 cups of rice krispy's cereal

You melt the marshmallows and the butter together, then pour in the RK's. Stir. Put into a greased pan whatever size you fancy. Wait for them to harden. Enjoy.

Here's what happened though:

Maybe my heat was up a little high?

Halfway through the melting the marshmallows process, they started getting brown.
My first thought was that they were picking up crap from Sadie, but they kept getting browner and browner and browner.
Holy Crap.
The marshmallows were too hot! They were toasting!
I could have turned them down.
But who in their right mind doesn't like a toasted marshmallow?
So I went with it, and eventually the whole mix was brown.

And they came out looking like this:


I may have had both of those.
And one more.
I encourage you to do the same. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment