Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Potato Soup

The first thing you should know about this recipe is that I didn't take a picture, and I feel terrible about it.
Sort of.
You know what I did instead of taking a picture of my potato soup?
I ate it.
That's right.
And it was delicious.
And I don't feel bad about it at all.

Here's what I used:

4 russet potatoes, cubed to an acceptable bite sized portion
1 onion, chopped
salt
pepper
3 tbsp butter
3 shakes of garlic powder

A shake is totally a measurment.
Shut up.

You'll also need:

Enough Legit Chicken Stock to cover the potatoes and onion.
About a cup of skim milk

This is another "add it all in" recipe, I'm afraid. There's nothing fancy here. 

Add the potatoes, onions, salt, pepper, and garlic into a fairly large pot. Medium will probably do as well. Give your food room to move around and cook evenly. Listen to what I say.
Cover said food with Legit Chicken Stock.
Cover your pot, turn your burner on high, and walk away like the pot has wronged you in some way.
Usually it takes my potatoes about 30 minutes to cook all the way through, but feel free to come back to the pot every 10 minutes or so to check on them taters and see how they're coming.
A covered pot of potatoes will cook faster than an uncovered pot o' potatoes.
Please remember that.
Forever.

When your potatoes are fully cooked through and all that jazz, add in your butter and milk.
Serve yourself a bowl right then.
I'm not kidding.
You need to make sure that soup has enough salt.
Potatoes soak up salt, or something.
They soak up everything, I'm sure of it.
Anyway. Eat that soup and smile. And season the rest of the soup if you feel like you need to.
You never can be too sure of these things.

1 comment:

  1. I can accept "shake" as a unit of measure. But if you start saying "dash", "smidge", and "dollop", I'm going to get you a grey wig and a mumu.

    You have been warned.

    ReplyDelete